Summers in India are the point when one would see more foreigners at a tourist destination than Indians. And Indians would be seen flocking the mountains to escape the scorching heat of the summers. That is so because the hills offer a treat to the senses with picturesque views and pleasant weather. And when it comes to mountains. If you want to see the best places. Then visit Shimla, Manali, Mussoorie, Nainital, Dalhousie then book online taxi service only on Safe Drive Cabs. India is decently teeming with hill stations to run away from that harsh summer sun scalding through our skin. Shimla has a plethora of things to do and places to visit.
We have meticulously selected some of the most prominent. And frequented hill stations in laps of the Himalayas for a perfect getaway this summer. So go ahead and enjoy the best places to visit in Shimla, manali, Massoorie for a few days in the snow-clad mountains. And replenish your energy to bear that heat again.
Regarded as one of the best hill stations in India. Manali is a perfect getaway nestled in the laps of the Himalayas. The snow-covered mountains, pleasant weather, and picturesque view. The hill town one of the most serene places to visit in Shimla.
From adventure sports to holy temples and calm and tranquil surroundings, one can find everything in Manali. Settled at an altitude of 2,050m, Manali offers an astounding scenic view and thus, a tourist favorite places. It is one of the most frequented hill stations in the state of Himachal Pradesh. And sees a great tourist flow in the peak season of summer.
- Nearest Airport – The airport at Bhuntar serves places as the nearest airport which is approximately 50kms from Manali.
- Must-Visit Places – Manali is abundant with many attractions that are worth visiting. Hidimba Devi Temple, Vashishth Bath, Manu Temple, Bhrigu Lake. And Jogni Falls are amongst the most famous places to visit in shimla.
Besides these places, one can also visit the Solang Valley for an excursion. Which is situated at just 14 kms from Manali.
The capital city of Himachal Pradesh. Shimla/Manali is a beautiful hill town, set against oak, pine, and deodar forests, and snow clad peaks, and so on places to visit. Shimla used to serve as the summer capital of British India. so, Shimla is indeed the perfect retreat from the scorching summer’s places to visit.
Along with snow covered mountains in the backdrop, lush greenery, and pleasant weather. Shimla has a plethora of things to do and places to visit. From magnificent churches, majestic views, and gorgeous British architecture, one can find it all in the quaint town of Shimla.
Nearest Airport –
The nearest airport to Shimla is the Chandigarh airport, which is approximately 122 km from the town.
- Must-Visit Places – There are many places to visit that make a perfect attraction in Shimla. One must visit the famous Jakhoo Temple, Rashtrapati Niwa’s, and Christ Church, take a walk on The Ridge and enjoy shopping at the Mall Road.
Famous for the eye-shaped lake, Naini Lake, Nainital is a prominent tourist destination in Himachal. Surrounded by Lakes, and nature’s bounty, Nainital is an exquisite hill town, making it a perfect destination to relax. With pleasant weather and the snow-covered Himalayas in the background, Nainital is a must on our list for perfect retreats this summer season.
- Nearest Airport – Nearest airport to Nainital is the Indra Gandhi International airport in New Delhi, which is approximately 301 km from the hill town.
- Must-Visit Places – Nainital is most famous for the Naini Lake, but there are many other places to visit like the Naina Devi Temple, Hanuman Garhi, Naini Peak, Snow View, and Nainital Zoo. Travelers can even visit the famous Jim Corbett National Park in Nainital. And enjoy the best places to visit in Shimla the nature in the wilderness.
Commonly called the ‘Queen of Hills’, Mussoorie is definitely a sight to behold. Set against picturesque backdrops of the snow-clad mountains, Mussoorie is a gorgeous and quaint hill town. If you are tired of the scalding heat of the summers and want to spend your next vacations in the laps of nature with pleasant and cool weather, then Mussoorie is the perfect choice for you.
The town has a spark in itself that helps to rejuvenate the drained energy from the heat, which makes it a perfect retreat in the laps of the Himalayas. Mussoorie is indeed one of the crown jewels of tourism in Uttarakhand. The town has an exquisite charm and attracts tourists from the far ends of India to spend quality time with family and friends. The romantic ambiance, picturesque backdrops, and a cool breeze brushing through the face make Mussorie a great romantic best places to visit in Shimla.
Nearest Airport – the Dehradun Airport serves as the nearest airport to Mussorie, situated 54Kms from the town of Mussoorie.
- Must-Visit Places – Mussorie extends the most gorgeous panoramic views and serene picnic spots to visit. You can also visit the amazing Kempty falls, Mussoorie Lake, K dev Bhoomi Wax Museum, Christ Church, Bhadraj Temple, and enjoy the best places to visit in Shimla. And enjoy the breath-taking beauty of the hill town from Cloud’s end and Gun Hill.
Dalhousie is s serene hill station and a beautiful town that serves as a prominent tourist attraction in Himachal Pradesh. Nestled amidst the lofty green mountains and dense forests, Dalhousie is a gorgeous town resting at the foot of the Dhaudhar ranges.
The moderate weather in Dalhousie makes it the most frequented hill town. You can also visit Dalhousie to spend time in a calm and tranquil environment. Dalhousie boasts breathtaking views of hills, gorgeous waterfalls, and plenty of tourist spots.
Covered in the colonial charm and the ethereal beauty, Dalhousie is also fondly referred to as the ‘Switzerland of India’. The town of Dalhousie is thus, a must on our list of the best hill stations to enjoy the pristine nature in the Himalayas.
Nearest Airport – The airport closest to Dalhousie is Gaggal Airport, which is around 130 km away
- Must Visit Places – Dalhousie is a major tourist attraction in itself given the gorgeous views and the serene aura all around. But there are many notable places to visit in Dalhousie that add to the charm of the town. Travelers can visit the Panch Pulla, Sathdhara Falls, Ganji Pahadi, Subhash Baoli, and visit to the gorgeous village town of Khajjiar, 16Kms from Dalhousie.
There are many other astonishing hill stations in North India that help to beat the heat of the scorching summers. But out of the many places, these 5 hill towns bag the most recognition and tourist interest. The cool and pleasant weather, gorgeous views and a plethora of tourist attractions and activities are what makes these locations top the chart in the best places(Manali , Shimla, Dalhousie, Mussoorie) to visit in the summers.
With the stunning and majestic hill stations. The Himalayan peaks are indeed the best to spend quality time with family and friends away from the burning heat and humidity. So the next time the summer heat gets intense for you to bear, pack your bags and head to the amazing hill stations in the laps of the Himalayas and rejuvenate your lost energy!